Sunday, July 29, 2012

Phoebe Turns Ninety

By Lois Jamieson

Last Friday, I called Phoebe to wish her a happy birthday. This is a memorable birthday for her.  She is ninety! She is no-longer an Octogenarian and I'm not sure what a person in their nineties is called - I''ll find out soon. Now our blog should be called "Ageless at 80 and 90. I'll get Phoebe's comments on this when she stops celebrating.

She wasn't at home when I called, so I left a message, and called her back later. When I did get her, she had just arrived back to her home after a huge shopping trip with her daughter. She said she bought so many new clothes that now she must clean out her closet.

Phoebe is the most remarkable woman I know. She looks terrific, and is full of new ideas and has plans far into the future.  I'm lucky to call her my friend and partner. In a few weeks, her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren will gather in Scottsdale to celebrate with her and her dear husband Herb. I'm invited!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment