Monday, July 11, 2011

Some Of My Favorite Quotes

by Lois Jamieson
I have discovered the pleasurable pastime of collecting quotes. Sometimes they make you think, sometimes they make you laugh and sometimes they make you cry. But they all give you ideas to use in your writing, whether you write for your own pleasure or write for publication. Here are a few from my treasure chest of quotes.
“Two of the most uninteresting people you would want to meet. They were 65 when they were 20.” – anon.
“I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Self care is never a selfish act – it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have. The gift I was put on earth to offer to others.” – ‘Let Your Live Speak’ by Parker J. Palmer
“I’ve learned that the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.” – Andy Rooney

Please Note  - Phoebe will be back writing for you in the near future. She and her husband have just completed a complicated move into an assisted living residence. As well as writing on our blog and our book – The Humor, Perils and Joy of Aging – she plans to teach a writer’s workshop at their new location. 

No comments:

Post a Comment