Saturday, July 23, 2011

Odds And Ends

by Lois Jamieson
I woke up this morning feeling full of pep and energy. The sky was blue, the sun shining.
Then I went to the mailbox.
I wasn’t expecting a letter. No one writes letters anymore. I get all my newsy notes from either my e-mail or on my wall. I kid you not, check out FaceBook. I receive all kinds of interesting information about their lives from my friends – it’s all on my wall.
But today the mailman did leave me four pieces of mail.
1.     Important News About Cremation – Sign Up Today
2.     Six Free Chances To Win a Classic Contour Adjustable Bed – For The Elderly
3.     Assisted Living Is For You – But Hurry We Are Selling Out Fast
4.     The Facts You Need To Know About Hearing Aids
I wonder how they know I’m eighty two.
                                                ******************
Some Quotes For You –
“Some People try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know ‘why’ I look this way. I’ve traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren’t paved.”  (anon.)
“I am able to say that while I am not ruggedly well, I am not ill enough to excite an undertaker.” (Mark Twain)

No comments:

Post a Comment