Monday, June 27, 2011

Odds And Ends

by Lois Jamieson
Ten Core Values I favor
Spirituality, Compassion, Integrity, Service, Making a difference, Growth, Love, Joy, Order, Beauty. What are yours?
I Will Never Be ‘Me” until I let you be “You.”

Some Wonderful Quotes About Growing Older….from Will Rogers
“Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.”
“The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.”
“When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.”
“One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it’s such a nice change from being young.”
And More
“You never know, perhaps the greatest challenges or opportunities in your life could still be ahead.” Quote from Studs Terkle
“How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you was.”  Quote from Satchel Paige
A Short Silly Poem I wrote
The Meaning of the Word Decadent
Decadent
Has always seemed
To me
To be
A word that says
Something or things
I shouldn’t do,
Or be,
Or
I will rue the day.
Webster Says,
It is a state
Of great decline
And
Worse than that
Will thwart my mind.
But as I
Look upon
This luscious sight
Of triple layer
Crème delight.
I maintain
It’s all a fake
It’s nothing more
Than
Chocolate cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment