Tuesday, April 5, 2011

LIFE IS A PUZZLE

By Phoebe Maurer

 Why is aging a conundrum, and when does the puzzle start?
Does it start at 40-50-60-70-80 or on the day we enter the world crying?
Seniors are living longer productive lives, but not without precarious moments.
I am 88, have self-published a novel, still seeking answers, need to broaden my overview of life. There are so many questionable subjects which have changed me as I continue to mature.

"Life is a dream” was my mother’s answer to aging. Now I echo her thought differently.

 It is a kaleidoscope of vignettes that flash by rapidly in the blink of an eye.
My body sags, drags, rusts, creaks and often advises me to cease and desist moving for one day. However the brain never stops spewing out new ideas and scenarios.
My dear friend Lois, a mere 81, has prodded me to join her in a new venture. A nudge I needed to lift me out of the doldrums.

To rekindle and fire up a desire to fulfill another dream.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment