Monday, February 27, 2012

Ageless Quotes

by Lois Jamieson

I found these wonderful quotes in a little book called “Old Age Ain’t No Place For Sissies”.

I think Mark Twain had it just about right when he said:

“Life would be infinitely happier if only we could be born at the age of 80 and gradually approach 18.”

“If wrinkles must be written upon our brows, let them not be written upon the heart.
The spirit should never grow old.” -James A. Garfield

“Outwardly I am 83, but inwardly I am every age, with the emotions and experience of
each period.” - Elizabeth Coatsworth

“The great comfort of turning 49 is the realization that you are now too old to die young.” -Paul Dickson

“Middle age: when you begin to exchange your emotions for symptoms.” –Irvin Cobb

“Retirement must be wonderful. I mean, you can suck in your stomach for only so long.”
-Burt Reynolds

“Women are just beginning at forty. At fifty, you hit your power.” –Lauren Hutton

“The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” -Muhammad Ali

Phoebe and I hope you have enjoyed these quotes. Watch for more next week. Have a great day. -Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment